One of my New Year’s Resolutions for 2021 was to try twenty new cookies this year. I do need a bite of something to go with my afternoon tea. This is 2021 Cookie #2, and I think I will be making this one again before I get to #20. I prefer chewy cookies with a bit of a crispy outer layer, and these are perfect. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do. After all, they must be healthy with oatmeal and eggs.
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)
½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together the dry ingredients — flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredient, oats, and pecans. (You could use chopped walnuts or almonds or add raisins.)
- Drop by spoonsful on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Check the cookies at 12 minutes. Remove from the oven when they start to brown around the edges. Let sit for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Move to a rack to cool. (Try one warm. I mean you must check them out before serving them, right?)
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.