COLD CHRISTMAS CAKE
1 pound box vanilla wafers or graham crackers
1 cup pecans (or walnuts), chopped
1 cup walnuts (or pecans), chopped
2 cups shredded moist coconut
1 pound raisins
1 regular can sweetened condensed milk
Candied cherries, optional
- Crush the vanilla wafers or graham crackers in a food processor.
- Chop the nuts or grind in a food processor. If you prefer, you may use 2 cups of chopped pecans or 2 cups of walnuts rather than 1 cup of each.
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the chopped nuts, coconut, and raisins, mixing well.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and worth through with hands so that the dry ingredients are thoroughly saturated.
- Press the mixture tightly into a spring-form pan.
- If desired, you may use candied cherries to decorate the top. (I like to cut red cherries into shapes of poinsettia petals and use chopped green cherries for leaves.)
- Refrigerate for two days before slicing and serving with a dollop of whipped cream.